Applied Mathematics as Cornerstones of our Work
The Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Mathematics is one of the world's largest mathematical research institutes and its goal is to further develop mathematics as a key technology, give innovative impetus and implement it in practice together with industry partners. Methodologically, their research areas are based on modeling, simulation and optimization. Integral parts of their projects are consulting and implementation, support in the application of high-performance computer technology and providing tailor-made software solutions. They not only use simulation software, but also develop it themselves, often in cooperation with leading software companies. Their customers are mainly in the automotive, mechanical engineering, textile, computer industry and finance sectors.
- Processing of data acquired from experiments and observations
- Drafting of mathematical models
- Implementation of mathematical problem-solving in numerical algorithms
- Summarization of data, models and algorithms in simulation programs
- Optimization of solutions in interaction with the simulation
- Visualization of simulation runs in images and graphics